Eric Jones began his real estate career in as a the Vice President of Land Acquisition for The Irvine Company.
Eric Jones is a 20 year veteran of the real estate industry, including master plan development, single family residential development and sales & marketing of urban residential infill and redevelopment. For the last 17 years Eric has focused on commercial brokerage, residential brokerage, property management and new homes sales & marketing primarily in downtown San Diego. Eric has overseen the sales management, marketing and branding strategies for several urban developers in San Diego, including Lennar/Intergulf Development, Centurion Partners and Smart Corner, LLC. and several other downtown projects valued at over $1 billion dollars.
Prior to forming Urban Real Estate Services with his partner, Sherm Harmer, Eric was overseeing the sales & marketing for the Lennar/Intergulf Dev. partnership. Eric was also involved with the creation and management of the urban division for Prudential New Homes(Ryness Company). As part of Eric’s development background, he was the Vice President of Acquisition and Planning for the Irvine Company’s home building division, Donald L. Bren Company.
Eric’s educational background includes a bachelor degrees from Arizona State University in Urban Planning/Architecture and Business Administration. Eric applied his formal education and work experience as an instructor for 3 years at the University of California, San Diego’s real estate development continuing education program.
Other Business & Charitable Achievements:
• Founding board member for master marketing program in downtown San Diego “Downtown Residential Marketing Alliance” with CCDC and several urban builder members
• Past Board of Director Member for the Building Industry Association(BIA) of San Diego County
• Past BIA Sales & Marketing Council Board of Directors
• Founding Board Member for National Assoc. of Home Builders – HomeAid Foundation
• Past Chairman of Political Policies Committee for Building Industry Association
• Founding Board Member, President of BIA Cares for Kids Foundation
• Nominated as a “Life Director” for BIA Cares for Kids Foundation
• Chairperson overseeing the BIA Cares Holiday Bike Drive for last 21 years giving away over 9,000 kids bikes to over 30 different children’s charities, disadvantaged schools and other organizations
• Involved with the fundraising and the construction of Pro-Kids Golf Foundation’s million dollar state-of-the-art after school kids facility in Colinas Park.
• Chairman of the Barrio Station construction expansion and computer education center for their after school programs.
• Founding board member of San Diego Chargers Players Foundation